Monday, March 14, 2011
Nexus S Update 2.3.3 Forcefully
First force check for updates by dialing *#*#checkin#*#*, if still haven’t received the Android 2.3.3 OTA update on your Nexus S? Thanks to the guys over at XDA, the update has been packaged into an easy to install, flashable zip file. So if you just don’t want to wait for the update to hit your handset, follow along and take it into your own hands.
1. Download the Android 2.3.3 update file
2. Rename the file to update.zip. (if you’re OS hides file extensions, rename to update to avoid renaming the file to update.zip.zip)
3. Put the update.zip file into your phone’s storage
4. Turn off the phone
5. Turn your phone on by holding the Power and Volume Up at the same time to access the bootloader.
6. Navigate to recovery by using the volume keys, and press power to execute.
7. You’ll only see a triangle with an exclamation point in it at this point, so hold down the Power button and hit the Volume up button for the recovery menu to appear.
8. Using the volume keys again, go down to “apply update from /sdcard” locate update file and press power to start the update.
9. When the update is completed, reboot the Nexus S and you’re good to go!
AND ENJOY 2.3.3 on your Nexus S