I recently purchased Logitec Keyboard K810 ( Bluetooth ) as i wanted to have just one keyboard for all my devices ( Computer , Laptop and Phone )
It is no doubt an awesome device. But i soon realized that i was having a super hard time to connect it with my linux system.Connecting with my Android Tablet was a breze but when it came to my Ubuntu System i was sooo dead.Well finally after couple of tries found out the way to do it super simply.
set keyboard discoverable ( All commands are to be used on Terminal unless stated otherwise)
- "hcitool scan" and copy mac address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
- "sudo bluez-simple-agent hci0 XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"
which will hopefully return somthing like:
"DisplayPasskey (/org/bluez/943/hci0/..., 123456)"
- Just type the nubmber at the end ( in the above case its 123456 and press enter on your bluetooth keyboard.
- on success you should get "Release" and "New device (/org/bluez/..."
- now set device as trusted "sudo bluez-test-device trusted XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX yes"
- you might have a connection now, but i still needed to:
"sudo bluez-test-input connect XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"
Congratulations you have successfully paired your new device :)